Title: Sales Manager
Reports to: Sales Director
Location: Paonia, CO or other possible location within Colorado
Established in 2012, Paonia Soil Co. is a Colorado-based, family-owned business that manufactures all-natural, high-quality, professional-grade, living, organic potting soils, soil conditioners, and soil amendments. We’re passionate about cultivating a diverse soil food web and making it simple, successful, and profitable for growers, gardeners and landscapers to use!
About the Position
As we continue to expand and diversify our base of growers, Paonia Soil Co. is seeking a full-time Sales Manager to play a leading role in helping to advance both inside and outside sales and marketing efforts. As a small business, with less than 20 employees, this position won’t be boring! From quoting and invoicing, to generating, fielding, and managing higher-level inquiries and accounts, this crucial position will aid in managing relationships with wholesale buyers including distributors, resellers and end users. Further, this position will play a critical role in developing and implementing strategic online and traditional marketing strategies. Whether organizing and assisting with tradeshows, or consulting with municipalities converting to organics, the person in this position will have the unique opportunity to engage in developing and advancing strategic partnerships with horticultural leaders throughout the central US. This position provides an opportunity to further the organic movement and work with a company that is serious about healing the planet’s soil and environment.
Required Skills & Abilities
The ideal candidate is passionate about horticulture and enjoys working with customers to, both literally and figuratively, grow their businesses.
- A natural and reliable self-starter, insatiably curious, with a strong desire to succeed
- Has significant sales and/or marketing experience
- Demonstrated ability to utilize various technology applications including the Google Office Suite – in particular, Google Sheets
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Has excellent verbal and written/digital communication skills
- Possesses strong organizational skills coupled with an attention to detail
- Strong time management with a proven ability to meet deadlines & execute strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated commitment to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Ability to execute strategic initiatives
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Ability to foster strong relationships with retail and wholesale channels
- Commitment to maintaining accurate and timely records
- Ability to utilize data sources for territory growth and identifying business opportunities
- Proficient with Facebook & Instagram
- Familiarity with Google Ad-sense, LinkedIn, TikTok & Twitter a plus
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new tasks and responsibilities
- Passion for organic growing and regenerative agriculture
- A team player who is interested in developing a long-term career with Paonia Soil Co.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a standard office setting, with considerable sitting, standing and viewing of computer and reaching continually throughout the workday (mouse, keyboard, telephone).
- Will need a valid U.S driver’s license, a safe driving record, and a functioning vehicle
- May occasionally include lifting up to fifty (50) pounds (ie: tradeshow materials, samples, etc)
- Must be able to go up and down stairs carrying materials or project gear to and from meetings, events, site visits, etc.
- Ability to work full time with occasional evening or weekend engagements and multi-day travel
- No tobacco use for 6 months+ due to Tobacco Mosaic Virus – vape okay
Compensation & Benefits
Paonia Soil Co. is continually looking for ways to show appreciation to our dedicated empoyees and aims to support high job satisfaction for all. Currently, we are able to offer the following –
- $19/hour w/ opportunity to earn sales-based commission (after 6 months)
- 401k retirement program w/ employer match (eligible after 1 year of employment)
- Chiropractic care
- Mileage Reimbursement & Travel Per Diems
- Significant discounts on premium potting soils, soil conditioners & amendments
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Early applications are encouraged as we will review them upon submission. Desired start date is by early October.
- Submit cover letter and resume (2-page maximum) in one combined PDF to email@example.com
- Please include “Sales Manager” in the email subject line
DOWNLOAD THE JOB DESCRIPTION[/vc_column_text][/vc_column]